My favourite Japanese dish has to be Teppanyaki. I usually go to this very nice place at the mall, near my home where they cook it right in front of you. It’s really easy to make and delicious too.
300g Lamb or Beef
2-3 Garlic Cloves
1 Tbsp Dark Soya Sauce
1 1/2 Tbsp Light Soya Sauce
1 Tsp Ground Pepper
1 Tsp Macademia Oil
Spring Onion for Garnishing
1) Slice the meat into thin strips. Season with a bit of pepper and salt.
2) Chop the cabbage into medium size chunks, grate the carrot, slice the onion and chop the garlic into small pieces.
3) Heat the oil in a frying pan, with the heat on medium high and add the meat. Saute for a couple of minutes.
4) Add the onions and garlic and stir fry for another 2 minutes.
5) Then add the vegetables and soya sauces. Keep stirring all the while to avoid it from burning. Remove from heat and garnish with chopped spring onions before serving
Tip: I have used the vegetables that I had at home, but you can use any other vegetables that you like in your stir fry such as broccoli, snow peas or bell peppers. Just have to make sure that you don’t overcook the vegetables at the end as we want them to be still a bit crunchy. You can also use chicken or tofu as a replacement for the meat in this dish.